Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bat-Bags Ahoy!



Hello Bat-friends and fiends! This week’s blog is going to be simple, but a decent amount of work will be involved. We will be working on Lego Batman party bags for our Lego loving guests.


To start you need:

1          12 pack of colored bags – You can find these at your local craft or party store
1          Pack of glue sticks
1          Box of snack sized plastic Ziploc bags
1          Pair of scissors
1          Pack of printer paper, to print your designs

Note: Quantities may vary depending of number of guests and the method you choose for this craft.


The overall idea of this project is very simple. The trying part is the prep work. Just dupe a few friends with scissors into coming over to help cut stuff; it will be like a party all by itself. We are going to start by finding a Lego Batman logo for the front of our bags. I designed my own, but there are a lot of Lego-izers out there, I even have an app that does it (see links at the end of the blog).  If you use a Lego-izer, just find the Batman logo you like best on Google, or the search engine of your choice. Put the logo you decided on through the Lego-izer, save, print, cutout, and then you have the Batman logo for our bags. You can glue the logo on with a glue stick or brush on a thin layer of white glue.


Now is the part where a lot more prep work is involved. We are going to cut out Lego pieces. I found some Lego pieces online, but I decided, again, to design my own. I’m kind of a picky Petunia when it comes to designs I am going to print out and use. You can print out the Legos I used from the image above. Once I printed the various Legos in different colors and sizes, I put them in a plastic baggy for each guest. You can sort the sizes and colors any way you want, but each guest should have enough Legos to spell out, at least, their first name.


Supply each party bag with a baggy of our paper Legos and a glue stick. The smaller kids may have trouble with the gluing, but if they are too small to glue the parents should be on hand to help out.  If all of your partygoers are tiny ones, then you can either write their names out with a pen as a template for them, or you can create each Lego name yourself. The easiest way to do this would be to use the “Lego” font (link below), then just print and glue the whole names on each bag.


I do not have these bags available in my store this week, but please e-mail me if you would like to commission the complete names comprised of Legos for each of your party guests. With the whole names you can just print, cut out the complete printed letters, and glue them on the bags, as with the methods mentioned above.

Whichever way you decide to go, this can be a cute craft or an adorable addition to your Lego Batman party.

Tune in next week for my next crafty idea. Same Nerdess-time, same Nerdess blog!

Signing Off,

The Crafty Nerdess

Related links:


No comments:

Post a Comment